Monday 1 February 2016

Love & Romance

With Valentines Day fast approaching it's little surprise that there are lots of love themed challenges on the go just now and jumping on the band wagon, Pauline has chosen

Love & Romance

as the latest theme over at Ooh La La.  So I'm assuming wedding/engagement/anniversary projects all fall under this umbrella, but I just went down the Valentine road.


This time I made a stepper card and also decorated up a jar to be used to hold memories from the coming year.  It's something that was suggested on Facebook a lot at the beginning of the year, but I wasn't quite organised into making one then!


So basically you write little notes or add tiny keepsakes into the jar to remind you of happy outings/gatherings throughout the year, then at the end of the year you tip out the jar and remind yourself of all those fun times!  - well I liked the idea!!!




My projects are made with files from the Ooh La La CD "Say It With Words" and the jar tag uses the bookmark file shrunk to fit! So there we have it, my card and gift set for the current challenge.  Hope you can join us, Jx

Challenges;
Alphabet Challenge - X - EXtra fold
Polkadoodles - Love and Romance
Wags n Whiskers - With Love
CRAFT - Love/Valentine/Anniversary
The Ribbon Girl - Love - Hope using twine counts, if not, sorry!
Jx


15 comments:

brenda said...

What a lovely set Janice, how nice for someone to receive and love the idea behind the jar.

B x

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ah this is super, what a great set, Love the Love Memories thats a fabby idea!! Might make one for Jake to give Lynne!!! He will earn brownie points there!!! Have a good week, Love Hxx

Lisa xx said...

What a lovely card, I've yet to master steppers like this.....such a sweet image too.

Do like the jar idea, i am thinking of doing something similar for my daughter, who is heading off to university in the autumn

Wynn said...

Love the idea of the memory jar Janice.....not seen this before. Great stepper card too. Hugs Wynn xx

Doreen said...

Love this gorgeous set. Xxx

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Gorgeous projects love the theme especially as it is our wedding anniversary this coming Monday. Love Alison x

Linby said...

You used the same image teamie! Love your take on using the image and also the tag for the jar. I heard of that idea - but never done it - yours looks fab.
As for MCS - I'm not clever!
Lynn x

Sarah said...

Great stepper (still love that die!!) and the little memory jar is such a wonderful thing...yet another idea to "pinch"!! xx

cotnob said...

A super card Janice, a popular image, great design and such a good idea to make a memory jar.
Pauline
x

Michelle J M said...

Hello Janice. Thank you so much for thinking about me, I don't think anyone else has noticed that I have not been around. To cut a long story short: I am South African and have lived in England since 2005 with a break of 18 months, five and a half years ago. I am on an Ancestral Visa and last year had to apply for my Indefinite Leave to Remain. Well, they have refused us on the grounds that I have not proved that I am proficient in the English language! Apparently the majority of South Africans do not speak English (they do) so we do not fall into the category of a majority English speaking country like say Australia or USA etc. To get the Indefinite Leave to Remain I had to do an exam at Trinity College in London which I did not do. After paying over £3000 for this application we appealed (at more great cost) but were also refused. The option was to apply again at the cost of another £3000 and we decided that we would go back to Cape Town. However, I work as a PA for a Barrister a couple of mornings a week and he is having none of it and has paid for another application for us. So again we are in limbo, not knowing if we are coming or going! This has been so stressful that I have had no desire to make cards, although I have done my Ooh La La ones. We always go to Cape Town for Christmas and were unable to and this also made me miserable! I really must pull myself together though and do some card making and some blogging again! Perhaps this week! Thanks again for your concern, you are so kind. Michelle x

Anjie said...

Fab make. Thanks for joining us in our Love & Romance challenge challenge at Polkadoodles
Anjie (DT)

Liz's creative corner said...

Thanks for sharing your fabulous creations with us at the ribbon girl, hugs Liz xx

Cazro said...

Such a fabulous set, loving the card and your idea for the memories jar for a present is wonderful. Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenges. Caz DT

Mia Scott said...

Very cute set!
Thank you for joining in with the 'Love & Romance' challenge at Polkadoodles Mia - DT Member xx

Claire said...

Gorgeous make! Thanks so much for joining our 'Love and Romance' challenge over at http://polkadoodle.blogspot.co.uk/
Claire xx