Thursday 11 February 2016

Holly Tree - or is that Bush?

There's a question - will have to look that up, does holly grow on a bush or a tree.  The holly on my card looks very tree like but in my garden it's a holly bush...I'll google it!

Anyway, back to my card, another quick make using my lovely LOTV art pad.

Again I've followed a SSW2 sketch and kept my card simple and thin for postal purposes.


Challenges;
SSW2 - Sketch - 82
I've flipped the sentiment location due to the tag sitting better on the right!

CHCC - Anything Goes/Vintage
CHPP - Anything goes with patterned paper
Jx

Just looked up my question...
Lots of places refer to holly as a shrub, and depending on the variety it can either be a bush or a tree - so both are correct! 

9 comments:

brenda said...

Love the topiary holly tree Janice and so nice to have such a great match in the backing papers.

Had my JS delivery today, wonder if your's came !

B x

Sarah said...

Bush? Tree? who cares...it's fabulous (!!) and I love the patchwork paper effect xx

Hazel (Didos) said...

WOW you are doing well with the Festive cards this year!!! I think holly is a bush but what do I know!!! Super sketch and papers too, Love H xx

Joanna M. said...

Well now you have ME wondering?!! I don't think I've ever seen a "wild" holly tree/bush! Darling card by the way! So glad you shared your work with us over on the Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 blog.
~jo, SSW2-DT

Tammy said...

Beautiful card Janice, I love that image and your fab papers!
Hug, Tammy

Heide said...

What a beautiful image. Your papers are great too. Thanks for joining us this week. Hugs, Heide SSW2-DT

Debs said...

So impressed with your Festive Cardmaking Janice - I always say I will carry on after Christmas and never get round to it - but I am quite good at starting early June/July hehehe.
Debs xx

anne said...

Lovely image and great papers. Thank you for joining in with our challenge.
Anne SSW2-DT

cotnob said...

A fabulous card Janice, thank you so much for joining us at Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge.
Pauline
x