Thursday 4 February 2016

Cat Scratcher

I made this card at the beginning of the week, but it has taken me all week to get it uploaded. Conflicts and unsupported program warnings kept flashing up on my computer, so hubby decided to give it an upgrade!

So it's official... I hate change!  He asked me if my computer was now running quicker, which it is, but everything else is running slower, he's moved things into folders to tidy up the desktop, he's put on a more recent version of Windows and Word, he's replaced my over heating hard drive and he's fixed the noisy fan... I know I should be grateful, but I'm such a grump, I can't do things I used to do in seconds, I can't find things and I hate change!!!

So this is my first post on the new system, here goes with uploading a photo...


assistance was needed, Microsoft Picture Manager had to be set up again, but hey, we got there!  So my card uses a Karen's Doodles image, won last year, Ooh La La papers from the Shawn Jenkins CD and a LOTV sentiment.

Challenges;
Sketch Saturday - Challenge 397 - Use an old sketch - I chose 228, but flipped the sentiment/pearls

Passion for Promarkers - Favourites - Cats/Ooh La La CD's/Layers/Pearls
Fab n Funky - All creatures great and small
I Love Promarkers - Anything Goes
The Paper Shelter - Fancy - Lots of details - fancy paper/pearls/layers - maybe not fancy enough tho?
CRAFT - Picture Inspiration
Animal Friends - Cats

Thanks The Paper Shelter for my great prize, Jx



20 comments:

Cards By MI said...

Lovely looking card. Fabby colour combo and I love the image. Thanks for joining us over at The paper shelter this week.
Love n hugs
marie

Sarah said...

Men....interfering devils...Martin always fiddles with the heater in my car,it drives me nuts!! I have just about got the hang of Windows 10 though!! Love your card Janice, the image is so "you" and I love the perfectly coordinated design xx

Ella's Design said...

Fun card, Janice! Great kitty image and love the natural colour tones. Thanks for joining us this week at Passion for Promarkers! Lisa x
PS Hope you get used to the new software and tidy desktop soon! :)

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ohhhh No Hes muddled up all your stuff!!!! Give that Craig a talking too!!!! LOL.. I love this card its super and just like my Jess!!! Shes a terror for scratching the sofa!!! Love H xx

Doreen said...

Love the fab image and colours,just gorgeous.xxx

susiestacey said...

I don't like change with my appliances either, but pleased you have it all sorted now. Lovely card a great fun image - hope your chairs don't look like that lol. x Susan x

marion said...

this made me smile, love this image and card, lots of hugs, Marion

Debs said...

Fabulous card Janice - love the Design Papers - hope Merlot doesn't behave like that!!!
Hope you get to grips with where/how all your stuff works soon.
Just to make you laugh - I so very nearly posted your birthday card today thinking it was your birthday tomorrow - just as well I checked - right day but wrong month - what a wally - still it's already made and written and ready to post in plenty of time for next month lol!!!!
Hope all is o with you and yours.
Debs xx

Buffy said...

Brilliant card, typical cat.
Thank you for joing us at Fab'n'Funky Challenges

Buffy x

Brenda said...

Janice, I feel your pain! It seems that you certainly have not problems in the creativity department. This is such a fun design and the cat is perfect inspiration from the picture. Thanks so much for joining us at CRAFT Challenge this week!

Neha said...

That's is a really funny card! loved it !
Thank you for playing along with Sketch Saturday!

brenda said...

Came over after smiling at your comment and see I missed this one, what, a super image. Re your question happy to help, just give me yell/mail.

B x

cotnob said...

A fabulous card Janice, such a fun image and great papers - lovely muted colours.
You sound just like me - it takes me ages to get used to anything new, persevere it will be better in the long run.
Pauline
x

The Crafty Den said...

Super cute card Janice. I love the adorable image and your colouring is perfect. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

coops said...

Fantastic card Janice.The image is brilliant, really made me chuckle and your design and colours are gorgeous.
Thanks for joining in my favourites theme this week at PFP ;D

xx coops xx

Judith said...

I love this card Janice - so funny and i'm so with you on change! - I got a new laptop around 18months ago and still hanker for the one I had before!! - i'mnot a technophobe - just like what i like lol hugs judith x

Dreja said...

Ein tolles Motiv und eine sehr schöne Karte. Danke für die Teilnahme bei den Animal Friends.
LG Dreja

mixamatoasties said...

Fab card Janice. What a naughty cat ;)

Thanks for sharing at FabNFunky.

Susan xx

Kuni said...

Wonderful fun image, i love it.
Thank you for joining us at the Animal Friends.
Hugs
Kuni

stempelfrida said...

Oh yes, computers can be really really frustrating! But your card is great! Thank you so much for sharing it with us at the Animal Friends challenge.
Creative regards from stempelfrida
http://stempelfrida.blogspot.de