Monday 13 April 2015

Lots of Layers

Well that was a quick week, Colin's week's holiday has flown past and it's now Monday again, which means it's a new challenge over at Ooh La La, and this time Pauline has chosen the fabby theme of

Lots of Layers

Which is great if you do lots of matting and layering of your images, but also great for doing decoupage - so come on you lot, get those foam pads and tubes of silicon dug out and get layering!

Obviously with an intro like that I chose to do delightful decoupage, and here is my card...




Now the image was quite big this time so I kept my card simple, one paper, a diecut and a sentiment, and that's it!  But with an image as gorgeous and colourful as this, is there any need for any more?

I'm also going to try and learn how to resize these bigger images as it's something I can't do for now - I've been getting help and advice from the lovely DT ladies, so watch this space!!!

Challenges:
Crafty Calender - Add A Sentiment
4 Crafty Chicks - Diecuts - the grass
Creative Knockouts - Birthday Wishes
Crafting for All Seasons - Animal Magic
Deep Ocean Challenge - Things with wings
Fan-tastic Tuesday - Anything goes & Die/Punch - I chose my grass die
Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes
Try It on Tuesday - They who have wings

The image and papers today come from the Ooh La La - Shawn Jenkins Collection CD, available here.

And finally - my tulips are in bloom! So I guess they are Spring after all!



21 comments:

brenda said...

Wonderful image Janice and I do like a bit of decoupage.

B x

Squirrel x said...

Gorgeous hun, what a fab image. Not done any decoupage for ages. You must have the patience of a saint! Hugs xx

Margik said...

Beautiful card and great scene you've created with decoupage images. I love it!
Thank you for joining us at Try it on Tuesday.
Mar

Whisper said...

Oooo what a fabby image and layout hun.

Am loving your gorgeous tulips.

Thank you so much for my fabby Birthday card too, Luv Sam x

Pamellia said...

What a great card, I just love your image! Thank you so much for joining us at Try It On Tuesday for our 'Wings' challenge! Hugs, Pamellia DT :)

Sue B said...

I've just been doing loads of decoupage this weekend Janice… really enjoyed it too! your card looks awesome! the 3D'ing really brings the scene to life. Love the papers that you've teamed with it. That's the beauty of decoupage… you don't need too add very much as they look so stunning anyway! :-)
Hope you had a good weekend
Big hugs, Sue B xx

Sarah said...

What a super duper card Janice, love the image...right up my street. What pretty tulips too xx

froebelsternchen said...

Love your fantastic card!
Thank you for joining us at
Try It On Tuesday!

Carole said...

Love both the card and the tulips
Hope all's well
Hugs
Carole x

susiestacey said...

Lovely card Janice and your tulips are ahead of mine which have not opened yet. x Susan x

Unknown said...

Hi Janice what a lovely card I love this image and your design is wonderful.
Just let me know if you need any help when you are resizing you toppers.

Debs xxx
{Debs Cards}


cotnob said...

A fabulous card Janice, great image and lots of lovely layers.
In answer to your question about my bows, I use an Embellishment Attic Bow Maker - I have tried most on the market and find this one by far the best and it comes in 4 sizes now.
Pauline
x

Tammy said...

Oh this is gorgeous Janice, I love that image and the fabulous colors! Beautiful tulips too!
Hugs, Tammy

Michelle J M said...

I love this image and have used it many times. I don't do pyramid decoupage much though because I can never get it perfect like yours! A beautiful card Janice, just love that blue grass. Your tulips look beautiful, ours have all come up as well. Michelle x

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Janice
What a smashing image. Its a while since I've done any decoupage and I'd forgotten how effective it can be.
Great card and good luck with your challenges.
Ang x

MRS DUCK said...

PS. . . . .your tulips are stunning! x

coops said...

so gorgeous janice.your decoupaged image is fab and i love your tulips, one of my fav flowers :D

xx coops xx

Leanne said...

So pretty, love the image and the way you cut it out. Nice use of the die and again the image is so pretty. Thanks for playing our Die Cuts Challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks.
Cheers,
Leanne DT

Craft Paper said...

Such a pretty card. Your image really stands out with the simple layers. Thanks playing at Creative Knockouts.

gail said...

Gorgeous decoupage, the image reminds me of my chicks! Gail xx

flossbite said...

Thanks for joining us in our Animal Magic challenge. Great project!
Hugs
Fiona Crafting For All Seasons DT x